Agency for Geology and Mineral Resources
The Agency is the central administrative authority under the Ministry of Environment, specialized in researching, recording, regulating and controlling the use of mineral resources, aims to implement the State Policy in the field of geological research, rational use and protection of the subsoil in Moldova. The basic functions and missions of the Agency are;
- Realization of the State geological research, rational use and protection of the subsoil
- Elaboration of proposals for the use of State investments and other investments for the expansion of mineral raw material base and ensuring national economy with the geological information necessary
- Organization and control of the work of the geological research of subsoil
- Supervision of the work connected with the use of subsoil with mining legislation, norms and rules under compliance
- Creation and maintenance of unique records of the use of subsoil
- Elaboration of proposals concerning the broadening of mineral raw materials of the national economy
- Elaboration of proposals for the improvement of the normative acts in the field of the use of the subsoil
- Organization of activity of the State Fund of information on subsoil
- Maintenance of “State Geological Register”
- Examination of the geological information and reserves of mineral resources.
- International cooperation in the field of geological research, the use and protection of the subsoil.